Hey beautiful people! With winters approaching who wouldn’t crave some healthy classic hot chocolate? In India where I live, I don’t experience cold weather but the coziness that comes in as we dive into the last few months of the year calls for celebratory happy drinks consider what a year this has been, right?!
The entire purpose of my food page is to make sure I can give you guys substitutes on how to eat and have healthy food without compromising on the tasty element ✨This Recipe is really super easy to make and don’t worry you will fall in love with the thick creamy drink. Something even better? It lasted in the fridge for 4 days and I tried it as a cold chocolate drink and let me tell you it was equally yummy!
According to me along with the drink, it’s the aura that you create around you matters the most and helps you feel good. Make sure to snuggle into your favorite blanket along with some lit scented candles and your favorite rom-com book /movie. Trust me, you will love yourself even more ❤️
I created that aura for me using a few things I had at home, hope it inspires you too to treat and pamper yourself right ❤️
Make sure to follow me on my Instagram to stay updated for more such recipes ❤️
CLASSIC HOT CHOCOLATE
- 500 ml Milk
- 250 ml Heavy Cream (Amul cream )
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar (White can also be used)
- 125 grams Dark Chocolate (Amul Dark Chocolate)
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch ( In an emergency you can even use cornflour. PS:It worked for me )
- Take 1.5 cups of milk (approx 350 ml ) and mix it with 1 cup of cream while keeping the saucepan on low to medium flame. (Keep stirring it until you can see slight bubbles )
- Add 1 tbsp of brown sugar /white . I like my hot chocolate to be bittersweet , if you want more sweetness add sugar according to your own liking.
- Take around 125 grams or 3/4th of the dark chocolate bar and shred it. Add it to the milk and cream mixture in the saucepan.
- Until then take the remaining milk and mix it with the corn starch and set it aside in another bowl.
- Add the milk + corn starch mixture and now mix all of it in the saucepan until the chocolate dissolves fully and you can see a thick consistency is formed.
Make sure to check out my other healthy recipes !🥑🥑🥑
Lots of love ,