Hey guys! Welcome back ✨ This is my most awaited recipe a lot of you guys asked me to share when I had posted a story about my green chicken salad on my Instagram so here we are! When it comes to healthy eating a lot of us assume that maybe the food is bland and not tasty. It feels as if you are making yourself go through some terrible punishment but guess what? It isn’t that bad. In fact, I belonged to the same category who just assumed that eating healthy means giving up on tasty.
It has been over 8 months that I completely changed my diet all on my own and I have to say I have seen amazing results. My skin glows, the unhealthy fats have reduced and I feel clean internally. Eating healthy seems easy but the hardest part is staying committed especially when you see people around you binging on the delicious junk. Trust me this helps you improve your self-control too! 😀
As I work a corporate job that consists of me sitting full time on the chair I prefer having light dinner which on most days consists of this salad in particular. It barely takes me 15 mins to prepare it and many times I substitute the chicken with boiled eggs or just have the veg version of it. You can add anything to it.
For me more than wanting to be thin the main goal is to remain healthy. A lot of people instead of eating healthy decide to skip meals and that by far is the most dangerous harm that you actually do to your body in long run. Now I am an amateur myself in this area but trust me I have learned a lot of things in the last few months and one of them is sure that salads for dinners are the best! They help you stay full and help you feel clean.
The secret ingredient that makes this green chicken salad yummy in particular has to be sweet onion sauce and I absolutely love the crunch I get in it with rusks ( Indian toasted bread) , you can also use croutons.
Healthy Green Chicken Salad
- Lettuce leaves
- 4-5 Cherry tomatoes
- 125 gms Boiled Chicken
- 1/2 Onion
- Croutons / Rusk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Sweet Onion Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey Mustard Sauce
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano
- Cut the lettuce leaves into tiny pieces , cherry tomatoes into 4, chop 1/2 onion, and set aside.
- Take chicken breast piece and boil it in hot water along with 1/2 lime juice and let it boil until soft and cooked.
- Take a fork and shred the chicken into tiny pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle it with chopped parsley leaves.
- You can go ahead and add your own veggies like cucumber , carrots.
- Take 2-3 tbsp greek yoghurt and add 2 tbsp olive oil to it and give it a good mix until the yoghurt has dissolved into the oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of sweet onion sauce along with 1 tbsp of honey mustard sauce
- Add pinch of salt pepper and oregano and give it all a good mix.
- Add the dressing into the salad and you are good to go
- To add crunch to your salad you can add rusk or croutons.
Make sure to check out my other blog posts Healthy Green Smoothie, Avocado Toast, and many more healthy dishes!
Make sure to follow me on my Instagram! ❤️
Lots of love,
Appreciate you sharing, great blog article. Thanks Again. Arden Angiano